Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I CAN do it, I WILL do it!!




So I've done it before...I can do it again. I lost all motivation to work out and stay healthy when my grandma was diagnosed with cancer. I turned to comfort foods and anything fattening to "make me feel better". Of course it never makes you feel better, only makes you feel worse because now you're gaining weight and doing what you worked so hard not do! So now I have no more excuses. I'm all out of them. Used them all up...
In fact, now I'm looking toward a new future and a new me. I've seen what I have in me. I've seen what I'm capable of and would like to push that even futher and see what else I'm capable of doing. June of 2012, my goal is to do the San Diego Rock N Roll Marathon. Yes, the WHOLE thing! I will walk and run it, with no time lines. My goal will just be to finish it. My training starts tomorrow. I will get myself walking again and then work on the running part.
I was so much happier when I was working out everyday and eating healthier. Everything feels so forced anymore. I have to work hard on being happy. Who wants to have to work at being happy? Not me! I refuse to go on living like this!
It makes it easier knowing I've been there before so I know I can do it again. I also know that I'm going to have to work at it everyday. Not just till I get there and then slack off. It has to be a life change. It has to be an everything, everyday change. Food, activities, the way you cook...all of it.
So here I go again... Going to tie up the walking shoes and get to it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment